Managing a hectic work/life balance isn’t easy. Fortunately, we live in an era where technology can help with all of the chaos. For business professionals there are an astonishing number of apps to help us. We have weeded through the myriad of apps again to bring you some that are actually useful.
1. EVERNOTE, a free app, is an excellent productivity tool that helps you stay organized, save documents, record voice notes, and even share notes with colleagues via Twitter and Facebook. Evernote has even been recognized as one of the best apps by the New York Times.
2. FLOW is an app for businesses who rely on plenty of team work and communication. Flow helps you communicate through your network of colleagues to hold discussions, share files, brainstorm ideas and generally manage day-to-day business activity. The cost of this app is approximately $20, but a small price to pay for seamless syncronicity.
3. 30/30 is the perfect app to help you procrastinators out there. Basically it is a “to do” list which highlights all of your tasks in different colors. 30/30 is based around a timer, so once the user sets the clock ticking…you have to get the tasks done. Don’t put off downloading this one!
4. WAZE was initially created to compete with Google Maps, however Waze became superior due to its functionality. Users can report traffic issues in their area for up-to-date travel news. This app will get you from A to B for free!
5. CAMCARD is an app that reads business cards and saves them instantly to your phone’s contact list. While this app has been around for a couple years, it’s still touted as a must-have app for business and sales people. “It brings order to the chaos of a business card collection,” says the New York Times.
6. GLASS BOTTOM JET is an app that allows the user to book flights and conduct airport check-ins all directly from the app. A fun feature of Glass Bottom Jet is that it allows users flying on Delta to get a virtual view of the ground below them… although not in real time. However, the app does pull Facebook data to show which of your friends you’re flying over.
7. BUFFER …here’s a free app for those of you that don’t have time to constantly log in and out of Twitter to promote your posts. You can trust the Buffer app to distribute tweets for you at regular intervals throughout the day. As a member of Buffer you can provide content that you’d like to share with your friends and followers. Once you add them to your Buffer, they will post over the next few days.
We’ve just scratched the surface as to the full capabilities of these apps. Take some time and look into them. One of them may be just what you’ve been looking for!